Nurturing Physical, Emotional and Mental Health
CPD Summer Course for Teachers
DES approved for EPVs (Please note that telephone number and email in the DES Summer Courses Publication, page 52, is not correct.)
This course gives teachers techniques that develop the whole person and enhance the learning environment.
- Yoga-based movement and simple mindfulness techniques, for personal practice and adapted for the classroom.
- Appreciate humans within nature, biomimicry, and “different but the same”.
- Relevance of SPHE in learning, school culture and life goals. Ways of communicating benefits of emotional intelligence and health to pupils.
- Critical and parallel thinking and how to develop it in pupils.
- Differentiate between hierarchy and holarchy and gain confidence in applying open techniques in the classroom.
Week of 3 July or 10 July.
Monday to Friday 10am – 2:30pm including lunch break.
See more information at Astraea.net/NaturalConnections2017 here.
Full refund up to ten days prior to course start, or in the case of cancellation. Thank you.